Eliana, myself and her dad spent full two weeks in Dubai on our last family vacation (which was Eliana’s second Dubai trip), therefore, needless to say, we have seen and done quite a bit. At that time Eliana was 4.5 years old.
Pretty much every day we started our day around 12/1 pm. Because. E was on vacation and she needed to sleep in!
I will post in details later, but for now let’s start with the highlights!
Highlights of Dubai trip
- Well, first and foremost I celebrated my birthday with afternoon tea (our first time experience having afternoon tea) at the Palace Downtown hotel at Al Bayt Lounge.
- Went back to have another afternoon tea at the Palace Downtown where it was buffet style and just full of super delicious goodies! LOVED it.
- Went to Emirates of Sharjah or in short Sharjah on a day trip and had a blast. Love Love Love Sharjah!
- Did a day trip to Abu Dhabi and visited the GORGEOUS mosque Sheik Zayed Grand mosque!
- In Abu Dhabi went to La Creme Brûlée Maison and had that camel milk Creme brûlée, which was to die for! Seriously.
- Had our first ever professional family photo shoot in Bur Dubai area (old Dubai)! It was amazing! A separate post will be coming!
- Crossed Dubai creek in Abra (water taxi) the local way! Not any fancy cruise or boat the one local takes everyday for a Dirham one way!
- Made a trip out to Miracle Garden along with butterfly garden.
- Had buffet lunch at the Beachcomber restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach hotel which gives access to Souk Madinat!
- Watched Dubai Mall fountain show (excellent!)
- Visited Jumeirah beach and Kite beach. I really liked Kite beach!
- Had lunch at an authentic Emirati place in old Dubai, how I found out about it…stay tuned to find out!
- Ate delicious goodies at an exclusive camel milk cafe, Al Majilis.
All restaurant reviews will be next followed by how I planned this 2 weeks long trip to Dubai on a budget, which seems to be considered as an “expensive” place.
Have you been to Dubai? Anything you want to recommend for us to check out on our next trip? Dubai is already adding new things, I am sure there will be plenty to see next time!